Issue Date: May 9, 2003
See what youve missed
You may have missed the Web site relaunch April 4, but you dont
have to miss any of the Web exclusives we have posted since then. Everything is
saved in the archives on NCRonline.org. Here are some of the Web
exclusives that have appeared since April 4:
In Global Perspective:
- Leonardo Boff issuing a plea for environmental stewardship.
- A reflection on fundamentalism by Virginia Saldanha in Mumbai,
- Jesuit Fr. Peter Henriot writing about fallout from the war in Iraq
on people in Zambia.
- Neglected news from Latin America, courtesy of Fr. Michael J.
Gillgannon in La Paz, Bolivia.
- Canadian Mary Jo Leddys thoughts about refugees and American
In Todays Take:
- Vignettes and slices of life from Pat Morrison, managing editor.
- Publisher Tom Fox writing from Hanoi, Vietnam.
- A model for reconciliation in postwar Iraq proposed by St. Anne Sr.
Rita Larivee, NCR associate publisher.
- Reflections by editor Tom Roberts on the opening days of the war in
Iraq (and the closing days of NCAA basketball).
In our Web columns:
- A powerful renunciation of violence -- personal and national -- in
the Palm Sunday homily by Detroit Auxiliary Bishop Thomas Gumbleton.
- Benedictine Sr. Joan Chittister issuing a call for
- Continuing coverage of the Vatican in John L. Allens The Word
To access the archives for these features, visit the current posting of
any of these features and click on the archive button in the upper right hand
corner of your screen.
Since the relaunch, we have also alerted readers to breaking news and
special updates that we post to the Web site as the events unfold. You can add
your e-mail address to our list to obtain notice of breaking news.
Registered NCR subscribers can access NCRonline.org at no additional charge
Subscribers to the print edition of NCR can access the premium content of the online edition at no extra cost. But you must register first.
See the back page of this pullout section for a step-by-step guide to help you register.
Donít forget to sign up for e-mail notification. Every week that NCR goes to press, subscribers who sign up for this option will receive a courtesy e-mail letting them know when each new issue is posted online.
This e-mail contains a direct link to the current issue that will automatically log you in with your user name and password.
National Catholic Reporter, May